|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 8 days ago|
This opportunity within the Electrical department is for a keen and enthusiastic Engineer to support development and delivery of a broad range of test equipment. The role will allow the ideal candidate to show case their skills and initiative taking on a series of exciting and challenging work packages, with clear opportunities for progression and further skills acquisition.
- Test Equipment Hardware Design, Manufacture and Test
This is the primary role and includes delivery of completely new designs alongside incremental developments and respins of existing designs. In all cases work must be completed and documented in accordance with the Engineering Test Equipment life cycle and will cover all stages of the life cycle from initial requirements capture, design, gate reviews, manufacture, assembly and test. This activity will involve working with many stakeholders both within and external to the team. Test Equipment may include, but is not limited to, burn-in equipment, Heavy ion monitoring equipment, Test Cameras and Front End Interface Electronics.
- Support to Verification and Test.
Within the electrical team there is a broader responsibility to support the commissioning and use of the equipment we design and deliver to the Verification and Test team. This responsibility will extend throughout the commissioning and Test Readiness activities and will involve working alongside Verification and Test Engineers as well as Software and Mechanical Engineers to ensure Test Readiness Review gates are successfully passed. These activities may include, but are not limited to, optimising and measuring noise and writing and implementing waveform and gain validation procedures.
Support to Manufacturing
This role directly reports to the non camera test team leader and as such will include an element of electrical production support. This can include a diverse range of activities such as fixing and repairing damaged electrical hardware, modifying or tuning equipment for optimisation or reverse engineering older sometimes obsolete hardware so it can be rebuilt to current standards.
- PCB Fabrication
The Electrical Team are key to supporting the PCB procurement process and help to assemble and check the Technical Drawing Packs sent externally to our suppliers. On occasions PCB assembly work will be required, which is generally shared amongst the team equally. Hands on training will be provided if required to achieve IPC J-STD-001 standard to ensure fabrication efforts meet the quality standards of the target hardware delivery.
- Health and Safety
You will champion our Health & Safety standards, procedures and company rules. Intervene, correct (where able to) and report all unsafe or non-compliant situations by taking action, raising Hazard Spot forms and reporting Near Misses. Demonstrate a duty of care towards those you come in contact with and work with and proactively escalate potential Health & Safety issues as and where appropriate.
- Practical and Hands on ability.
- Flexible approach to working with an enthusiasm to get stuff done.
- Qualified or experienced to at least HND level in an Electrical/Electronic discipline.
- Knowledge of Electrical Design and modelling tools. (Cadstar, Autocad (PCB) SPICE and Multsim.)
- Proficient and well versed in component identification and practical soldering skills.
- Capable of safely using common Electrical Test Equipment, Scopes Multimeters, etc.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills. (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Desire to develop further responsibility and skills within the team.
- Knowledge of CCD and CMOS Operation and testing highly desirable.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.