|Location: Essex, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Callie Warner|
Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
I have a great opportunity for a Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you unlimited career progression. They are working on some very exciting projects that you will never get to work on anywhere else. If you want to make a difference and work on something unique then this is the role for you!
In this key role you will champion the product range within the company and your performance is fundamental to the growth of the RF Division with direct impact on profitability, revenue and reputation.
My client offers a range of fantastic benefits including:
* Free on site car parking
* Discount gym membership at local gyms
* Rail discounts
* Life Assurance
* Employee Assistance
* Cycle to Work scheme
* IT discounts
Some of the main duties of the Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* In conjunction with microwave design engineers, develops optimum electro-mechanical designs for vacuum devices, such as magnetrons, and associated components and systems using knowledge of materials, assembly tolerances, surface finish, thermal/structural variation and design sensitivity.
* Captures customer requirements and expectations and incorporates in to robust product designs ensuring performance, reliability and life meet or exceed expectations.
* Determines and captures design intent for product, defines critical to quality features and quality check points for inclusion in to product data packs.
* Provides assessment of and solutions for thermal management, calculating impact on structural integrity, material selection, processing requirements and assembly methods.
* Works with production engineers to optimise designs for future manufacture
* Develops design methodologies and selects, for use, appropriate engineering assessment tools and processes.
* Validating of new processes. Specifying process control requirements and developing programmes of work to capture impact on device performance.
* Uses appropriate tools, 8D etc. to drive prompt resolution of problems.
* Identifies and selects, or works with test engineering to identify and select, appropriate test methodologies to ensure robust verification of new product designs
What you need to be the successful Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Excellent working knowledge of engineering principles related to electro-mechanical product design and development including:
* Degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
* Materials selection.
* Material joining techniques
* Fundamental of electro-mechanical engineering.
* Component manufacturing techniques
* Fundamentals of heat transfer.
* Preparation of project documentation and work instructions.
* Technical work package management.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!