|Location: Greenwich||Salary: £40 - £49 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Dominic Martin|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electronic Design Engineer to take their career to the next level with one of the world's leading and fastest growing defence and electronics companies based in Greenford! A Electronic Design Engineer is required to work within the electrical and electronics engineering team to complete designs on time and to budget; activities include schematic capture, PCB layout, firmware and review.
The Electronic Design Engineer will be responsible for Conceptual designs of solutions to System level problems would be necessary, which may include rapid prototyping to de-risk some aspects of a wider problem.
Cable design and wiring schedules may also form part of the day to day workload as well as documentation.
On offer is:
- An initial 12 week contract with a possibility to extend beyond
- A highly competitive hourly rate up to £49.00 per hour
- My client also finishes early on a Friday.
All applicants for this exciting Electronic Design Engineer position must be eligible for SC clearance, due to working on top-secret defence projects.
The key responsibilities and tasks for Electronic Design Engineer includes:
- Resolving technical problems associated with assigned products
- Providing design solutions for electrical/electronic equipment, taking into account EMC design.
- Providing improvement suggestions for the processes and procedures you operate
- Production of design documentation (include technical and design proving reports/CE compliance and Product Test Specifications)
- Identifying and helping manage technical risk in their area within projects and developments.
- Providing adequate constructive challenge in design reviews to identify and mitigate any key issues.
- Carrying out engineering activity in accordance with engineering procedures
- PCB design using computer aided design tools, schematic design and PCB layout.
- Selection of component parts and obsolescence.
- Investigation into faults down to component level.
Essential Qualifications and Skills required for Electronic Design Engineer position:
- Good electronics engineering or physics degree or equivalent
- Broad knowledge of Electronic Engineering methodologies, processes and tools.
- Design for EMC compliance and Knowledge of EMC standards.
- Knowledge of electronics design safety standards such as BS EN 60950.
- Working knowledge / appreciation of Systems, Software and Mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrable experience of electronics/systems design in the defence industry or other relevant environment
- Experience in design for EMC & signal integrity including schematic design and PCB layout
- Experience in the definition, design prototyping and commissioning of electrical subsystems including PCBs, Electronics racks / cabinets, cables and other electronic assemblies.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills required for Electronic Design Engineer position:
- Video and image processing
- Analogue electronics
- Reliability calculations
- Knowledge and awareness of future developments and trends in engineering theory.
- Knowledge of electronic systems used in the defence industry (e.g. Radar, communication, weapon, fire control, decoy, surveillance).
- Knowledge of legislative arena from an engineering perspective.
- Awareness of safety issues.
- Knowledge of the operational and organisation structure of the UK or similar armed forces.
- Obtaining CE compliance to include creation of Technical files, EMC harmonised standards and Low Voltage directive.
You must be eligible for SC security clearance when applying for this role.
How to apply:
To discuss your application and enquire about interviewing for this position please apply for the role online and Dominic Martin at Gold Group Ltd will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next steps of your application.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.