|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £40 - £47 per annum|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Electronic Engineer needed for a globally-recognised electronic manufacturing organisation based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced Electronic Engineer who posseses a strong knowledge of a range of electronic engineering principles and also has experience within the Defence industry.
The successful Electronic Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a very competitive pay- rate: between £40 - £47 per hour (dependent on knowledge and experience).
Some of the main duties of the Electronic Engineer will include:
* Resolving technical problems associated with assigned projects.
* Leading and supporting the solutions for high bandwidth, multi-channel data processing systems, designing for and implementing with FPGAs and VHDL.
* Production of design documentation and technical reports (include technical and design proving reports/CE compliance and Product Test Specifications and Design Descriptions).
* Providing representation and presenting at internal and customer design reviews.
* Selection of component parts and obsolescence.
* Ensure compliance to customer and quality requirements
* Provide support to other engineering functions during development and production.
* Investigation into faults down to component level.
* Provide technical advice via e-mail / telephone.
* Be prepared to travel to support current and future products on customers sites around the world.
* There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to the company's goals and objectives
* Providing design solutions for electrical/electronic equipment, taking into account EMC design.
* Providing improvement suggestions for the processes and procedures you operate
* Identifying and helping manage technical risk in their area within projects and developments.
* Providing adequate constructive challenge in design reviews to identify and mitigate any key issues.
* Carrying out engineering activity in accordance with engineering procedures
* PCB design using computer aided design tools, schematic design and PCB layout.
What you need to be the successful Electronic Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electronic Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following skills and experience:
* Schematic capture
* PCB layout
* Problem solving
* Implementation of complex designs in firmware for FPGAs.
* Design of data handling systems for use with FPGAs.
* High speed digital design
* Ability to specify hardware requirements to support their designs.
* Knowledge of Electronic Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
* Broad knowledge of Electronic Engineering methodologies, processes and tools.
* Working knowledge / appreciation of Systems, Software and Mechanical engineering.
* Knowledge and understanding of design for manufacture.
* Knowledge and understanding of full project life cycle.
MUST BE ELIGIBE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronic Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.