|Location: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, Pen, 25 days|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Electronic Hardware Engineer.
Burton on Trent
£40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus and Benefits.
We are seeking talented Electronic Hardware Engineers of all experience levels to work on a variety of projects and develop this growing capability within our clients organisation.
Our client offers consultancy services across the whole life-cycle of electronic product development to support their clients in the specification, development and verification & validation of their electronic hardware design.
The projects you woukld work on are varied in scale from producing small prototypes to developing large scale complex electronic hardware for use in the most heavily regulated industries such as Nuclear power, Oil and Gas, Pharmaceutiocals, Rail and even the Defence Industry.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams across the company to rapidly expand these services in a range of business sectors. Candidates should demonstrate transferable skills and an interest in a consultancy style of working.
You will have a good degree in Electronic Engineering or related degree and you will have a fundamental understanding of Electronic Engineering principles either from an academic or commercial background.
You will hold or be working towards Chartered Engineer status and have experience in at least one of the following:
- Design and development of complex electronic hardware. (FPGA / ASIC)
- Full life-cycle of electronic product development
- Test automation and hardware in the loop testing
- Microcontroller system design
- Standard Schematic capture and PCB layout software (ORCAD, Allegro)
- Design optimisation for EMI/RFI, thermal performance
- Circuit simulation and analysis (PSPICE)
- Safety critical hardware development
- Hardware verification and validation
- Electronic component & equipment obsolescence
- Industry standards methodologies and application
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Technical leadership on projects
As well as the above, a good understanding in any of the following areas would also be very desirable:
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS
- Model-Based Design
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Hardware and software integration
- Control system theory
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB/Simulink/Veristand/LabVIEW
- Functional safety
- Configuration management
- Project management
- Preparation of bids and proposals
Applicants for this role are required to undergo Military Security Clearance due to the natureof some of the projects, please check you are eligible for SC Clearance before applying for thee positions.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.