|Location: Rochester||Salary: £26000 - £31000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 4 days ago|
Electronic Test Technician
Salary: £ 26 000 - £ 31 000, plus shift allowance 25% for Twilight, 30% - nights. Regular overtime available
What the role entails:
Due to continued success, my client is entering an area of unprecedented growth and we are looking for experienced and talented Test Technicians to join us to support the development of a wide range of state-of-the-art products.
As part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies, you will be part of the development and supply of products across a diverse mix of commercial and military platforms, from Head Up and Helmet Mounted Displays on the military aircraft, Safety Critical Pilot Control and Flight Control System for civil airliners and Hybrid Power Systems for public transport vehicles.
Approximately 1,500 people work at Rochester and we are all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness.
Your responsibilities as a Test Technician will involve:
- Working within an integrated manufacturing team, testing products to set target times and within the project schedule
- Carrying out testing and fault-finding on a variety of new and mature analogue and digital electronics products such as Pilot Displays, Flight Controls and Flight Computers
- Fault-finding to component level using appropriate circuit diagrams and test equipment when a failure is identified
- Ensure unit compliance to test specifications and procedures
- There may be some migration of this skill into other Technician disciplines such as inspection, fitting and/or wiring
Day shift: Day shift hours will be 6:45am to 3pm Monday to Thursday and 7am to 1pm hrs on Friday. But we have flexi time so you can get in as late as 8:30am (Monday to Friday) you just need to work a minimum of 6hrs a day and have a total of 37hrs by the end of the week, which means doing an average of 7.75hr Monday to Friday and then 6 on Friday.
Twilight (+25% shift premium): The times will be 2pm to Midnight on Monday and Tuesday and 2pm to 11.30pm on Wednesday and Thursday. These times include unpaid lunch and add up to 37 hours per week.
Nights (+33% shift premium): Monday and Thursday 8.30pm to 9.30pm start, finish 6am- 7am - Tuesday and Wednesday 8pm to 9pm start, finish at 6am -7am. Total 37hrs over 4 nights.
We are looking for people who:
- The ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams
- Testing and fault-finding experience (to component level)
- You will be conversant in workshop practices, quality standards and disciplines
- IT knowledge is important as our production aids, drawings, routings and most specifications are delivered electronically via a Manufacturing Execution System
- Can operate effectively as part of a larger team, demonstrating excellent communication skills
- Can actively support other team members or other teams and are able to provide constructive feedback
- Are proactive in looking for improvement opportunities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electronic Test Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.