|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £58000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer required to join a globally recognised defence company in the Hampshire area. They are a leading provider of Systems Engineering, Software Development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commerical projects.
The Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer will be responsible for the operational and system analysis and design of system integration solutions for maritime opportunities and programmes. The Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer will need to have recent design experience in Electronic Warfare (EW) projects within the military maritime business area
Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer will also hold the following responsibilities:
- Requirements assessment and management, support to design of system and support systems infrastructure, technical impact assessment, design baseline synthesis and control
- Support to System Architects in development of system solutions
- Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team
- Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers
- Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies
- Support to development of Systems Architecture and Technology Roadmaps. Assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems and embodiment of COTS/MOTS solutions
- Interaction with potential and actual customers, suppliers and team-mates
- Systems input to subsystem specifications and interface requirement specifications
- Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews
- Preparation and delivery of proposal material
- Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams
On offer for the Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer is a basic salary up to £58,000 (candidate must be able to fully match job spec) and a competitive benefits package.
Key skills required for the Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer:
- Recent design experience in Electronic Warfare (EW) projects within the military / maritime business area
- Maritime Electronic Warfare system architecture development capability
- This candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
Any additional skills in the following would be desirable:
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, and test of Maritime Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems especially Radar and Communication Electronic Support Measure (ESM) Systems
- Design Experience and expertise in Maritime systems that integrate with Electronic Warfare Systems including sensors, combat system, effectors
- Previous Maritime Systems Engineering experience
- Current knowledge of Defence and IMO Standards
As this position is going to be working within the Defence industry, the Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer MUST be eligible for Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.