|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Electronics Assembler required to join a globally established Aerospace company in the Cheltenham area. The Electronics Assembler will sit within the Operations Team. They will be responsible for the final assembly and testing of the companies products.
Reporting to the Team Leader the Electronics Assembler will be expected to adhere at all times to the Health and Safety Policy as contained in Company Procedure. They will also need to adhere to the Company Management Information Manual and the published Company procedures. The candidate will be responsible for reviewing their job progress on a regular basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. They will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission and fulfil and comply with the terms and conditions within their contract of employment with the Company.
Key Responsibilities of the Electronics Assembler
- Manufacture and test of aerospace and defence product in line with drawings, manufacturing instructions,process sheets and specifications.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and selfdevelopment
- Assist in the provision of information, staff training and technical instruction as appropriate
- To question and where necessary challenge constructively any instruction believed not to be in the bestinterest of the Company or its customers
- To satisfy the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with your suppliers to ensure the correct delivery of your requirements
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Background and Understanding
- Assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies to aerospace standards.
- Familiar with Code of Practices and IPC standards applicable to electro-mechanical assembly and manufacture
- The Electronics Assembler will need to be eligible for SC clearance.