|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £45 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 3 days ago|
Electronics Design Team Lead
12 Month Contract
£45ph - £50ph
Electronics Design Team Lead needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Ampthill who are looking to employ an experienced Electronics Design Team Lead with proven experience and successful delivery of Electronics/Electrical Hardware and Product Development in a military or Hi-Rel industry, experience of EMC and electrical power system compliance, to Def Stan or other military, and proven Hardware Sell Off experience through qualification and verification.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Design Team Lead will include:
The Technical Design Team Lead has responsibility for the design, development and successful execution of the project schedule. Technical day to day direction and governance of a mixed skills engineering team working in the following disciplines electrical, electronic, firmware, software and mechanical design.
What you need to be the successful Electronics Design Team Lead:
In order to be the successful Electronics Design Team Lead and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven experience of development of an Electrical LRU/sub system from concept to completion following a detailed phase-gate development process.
- Provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of the LRU deliverables
- Facilitate the development of functional and physical design requirements to ensure complete integrated design architecture.
- Excellent understanding of design and development of electrical/electronic sub systems
- Good understanding of EMC and 28V power systems
- Reporting to project management on execution of a baselined schedule.
- The ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities, from trade studies, requirements documentation, compliance evidence and test documentation.
- Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-managing, driven to get the results needed, great organisational skills.
- Strong Team player.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Formal Electronic/Electrical qualification such as HNC/HND/BEng
- Proven experience and successful delivery of Electronics/Electrical Hardware and Product Development in a military or Hi-Rel industry
- Technical team leadership and delivery
- Experience of EMC and electrical power system compliance, to Def Stan or military
- Ability to support and manage all aspects of Assembly, Integration and Test
- Internal and external customer design reviews.
- Proven Hardware Sell Off experience through qualification and verification
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Design Team Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Electronics Design Team Lead position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.