|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
I have a fantastic Opportunity for a passionate Electronic Engineer to join a world leading Electronics Manufacturing Company based in Milton Keynes. If you have worked in a Post Development / Test Engineering role where you have also been involved with designing or redesigning components for the Electronics/Power industry then this is the role and company for you. They are a growing company with a great MD who is leading the business into very exciting times.
The successful Electronic Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
- Income Protection Cover
- Career progression
This role is a post-development support position. The primary functions of the Electronics Engineer are to maintain the comany's existing product portfolio by redesigning legacy products where necessary to ensure production continues smoothly as well as maintaining the component database.
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Engineer will include:
- Provide technical support to our manufacturing facilities in China and the UK.
- Work with the Quality department to highlight common faults and redesign the product before failure occurs.
- Redesign legacy products after a failure occurs in the customer's application.
- Conduct detailed failure analysis.
- Put corrective actions in place to improve quality and reliability.
- Conduct application based testing for the customer as required by the Business Development department.
- Redesign the product to reduce manufacturing and materials costs while maintaining product quality.
- Conduct laboratory based testing, working to internal and external standards with a high degree of accuracy.
- Take part in design reviews and be involved in the technical decision making process.
- Keep up-to-date status logs of tasks that are in progress. Ensure the systems used for this purpose are maintained and are effective.
- Redesign and requalify products where an alternative component is required but a suitable equivalent is not available.
- Assess component manufacturer's PCNs and their impact on the product they are used on, following up with further action where necessary.
- Assist design engineers with second sourcing components for new designs.
- Liaise with component manufacturers' technical departments to obtain further data if required.
To effectively perform the duties of an Electronics Engineer, individuals must be able to demonstrate a number of competencies that are essential to the position, which include:
- Formal qualification equivalent to UK degree level in electronics or related discipline. Candidates with equivalent experience may be considered.
- Three years' experience in analogue electronics, preferably power electronics.
- Have a sound theoretical understanding of analogue electronics.
- Have experience of conducting laboratory based testing and have an understanding of measurement techniques.
- Be willing to travel worldwide as required.
- Have knowledge of manufacturing methods used in the electronics industry.
- Have experience of working with defined project costs.
- Have the ability to multi-task and cope with a degree of pressure in a professional engineering environment.
- Ability to work accurately to defined timescales.
- IT literate.
- Able to work in a team effectively while being self-motivated.
- Be a proactive and good communicator to drive projects to timely completion.
- Knowledge of active and passive electronic components used in electronic power converters.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Sustaining Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!