|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: + Bens|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
I have a fantastic Opportunity for a passionate Electronics Engineer to join a world leading Electronics Manufacturing Company based in Milton Keynes. The primary functions of the Electronics Engineer are to maintain the existing product portfolio by redesigning legacy products where necessary to ensure production continues smoothly as well as designing or redesigning components for the Electronics/Power industry. This is a growing company with a great MD who is leading the business into very exciting times. Their will be great scope for you to progress up the career ladder!
The successful Electronics Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive Salary
* Staff Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
* Income Protection Cover
* Career progression
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Engineer will include:
* Act as the first point of escalation for database support to the 24x7 operation of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
* Deliver professional 2nd-3rd line database support, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment.
* Installation, administration & maintenance of SQL Server instances.
* Setup environments for use within the end to end software delivery lifecycle.
* Create users & assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need.
* Define, design & implement control procedures to maintain "fit for use" access model.
* Continuous improvement of database backup and restoration strategy.
* Work with the Quality department to highlight common faults and redesign the product before failure occurs.
* Redesign legacy products after a failure occurs in the customer's application.
* Put corrective actions in place to improve quality and reliability.
* Conduct application based testing for the customer as required by the Business Development department.
* Take part in design reviews and be involved in the technical decision making process.
* Redesign and requalify products where an alternative component is required but a suitable equivalent is not available.
* Assist design engineers with second sourcing components for new designs.
* Liaise with component manufacturers' technical departments to obtain further data if required.
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Formal qualification equivalent to UK degree level in electronics or related discipline. Candidates with equivalent experience may be considered.
* Three years' experience in analogue electronics, preferably power electronics.
* Have a sound theoretical understanding of analogue electronics.
* Have experience of conducting laboratory based testing and have an understanding of measurement techniques.
* Be willing to travel worldwide as required.
* Have knowledge of manufacturing methods used in the electronics industry.
* Have experience of working with defined project costs.
* Have the ability to multi-task and cope with a degree of pressure in a professional engineering environment.
* Ability to work accurately to defined timescales.
* IT literate.
* Able to work in a team effectively while being self-motivated.
* Be a proactive and good communicator to drive projects to timely completion.
* Knowledge of active and passive electronic components used in electronic power converters.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!