|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Charlie Ringer||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Electronics Engineer Needed - Permanent position - Based in Bedfordshire
Currently I am recruiting for a skilled Electrical Engineer within Firmware to join a market leading defence company who are globally recognised for their innovative products and exciting projects. You will be part of a team reviewing System specifications, writing and capturing product functional requirements, producing VHDL, performing analysis, simulation and testing of the Firmware and FPGA designs
The successful Electronics Engineer will obtain the following benefits package:
- Up to £60,000 per annum based on experience
- 24 day's holiday
- Flexible start/finish times
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
Required skills for the successful Electronics Engineer:
- Formal qualification such as HNC/HND/BEng.
- Experience in Firmware Product Development.
- Experience in FPGA (or ASIC) Design and Verification.
- Ability to derive FPGA architectures & requirements from System requirements.
- Experience of using FPGA vendor tools (e.g. Altera/Xilinx/Actel) or third party tools (e.g. Aldec/MentorGraphics) for simulation, synthesis and implementation.
- Excellent VHDL coding skills.
- Ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities, from problem reports, to design reviews and final assembly/test instructions.
- Ability to work in accordance with Firmware process and procedures.
- Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to co-ordinate various stakeholders into unified approach.
- Self-managing, driven to get the results needed, great organisational skills.
- Flexibility in tasks undertaken.
Desired skills for the successful Electronics Engineer
- Microprocessor Design and Interfaces, both digital and analogue, serial and parallel.
- Experience of using DOORS for requirements capture.
- Experience of Schematic Capture and PCB Layout.
- Embedded I/O interfaces - Differential/Single Ended/Safety Discrete interfaces.
- JTAG Design and Programming.
- Awareness of DO-254 and IEC61508 Design techniques for complex logic devices.
- Relevant experience/understanding of the expectations of being employed in a safety critical marketplace (e.g. aerospace/medical/military).
- Ability to support and manage aspects of Assembly, Integration and Test
Please note that the successful candidate must be eligible for SC clearance