|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Electronics Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in the Bedfordshire area who are looking to employ an experienced Electronics Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Firmware Product Development, Experience in FPGA (or ASIC) Design and Verification, VHDL coding and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Engineer will include:
You will be part of a team reviewing System specifications, writing and capturing product functional requirements, producing VHDL, performing analysis, simulation and testing of the Firmware and FPGA designs.
You will be expected to take responsibility for technical decisions of a particular part of the product design, documenting design decisions throughout development and will also need to work with minimal supervision. Further, communicating with internal functions, to ensure all views are gauged and understood before, during and after delivery of the detailed design.
Reporting to the Design Team Lead, you will be expected to take responsibility for the design, development and support of Firmware and FPGA solutions from concept to completion following a detailed development process. Provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of the deliverables, supporting as necessary assembly and installation. Provide direction to the project team against specification requirements and further supporting design review activities. Define processes, specifications, and procedures that support the design and manufacture of the solutions. Provide direction to develop scope of work, metrics, schedules and budgets. Engage in the technical detail as an integral member of the team.
What you need to be the successful Electronics Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electronics Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Formal qualification such as HNC/HND/BEng.
- Experience in Firmware Product Development.
- Experience in FPGA (or ASIC) Design and Verification.
- Ability to derive FPGA architectures & requirements from System requirements.
- Experience of using FPGA vendor tools (e.g. Altera/Xilinx/Actel) or third party tools (e.g. Aldec/MentorGraphics) for simulation, synthesis and implementation.
- Excellent VHDL coding skills.
- Ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities, from problem reports, to design reviews and final assembly/test instructions.
- Ability to work in accordance with Firmware process and procedures.
- Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to co-ordinate various stakeholders into unified approach.
- Self managing, driven to get the results needed, great organisational skills.
- Flexibility in tasks undertaken.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Additional skills in the following would be highly advantegeous:
- Microprocessor Design and Interfaces, both digital and analogue, serial and parallel.
- Experience of using DOORS for requirements capture.
- Experience of Schematic Capture and PCB Layout.
- Embedded I/O interfaces - Differential/Single Ended/Safety Discrete interfaces.
- JTAG Design and Programming.
- Awareness of DO-254 and IEC61508 Design techniques for complex logic devices.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the Electronics Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.