|Location: Bedfordshire, E. of England, England||Salary: £45 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 11 days ago|
£45ph - £50ph
Electronics Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Electronics Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Digital and Analogue Electronics Design, proven experience of Schematic Capture, PCB Layout (Altium Designer) and IPC awareness, and the ability to support and manage aspects of Assembly, Integration and Test.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Engineer will include:
- Reporting to the Design Team Lead, the candidate is expected to take responsibility for the design, development and support of mixed electrical / electronic LRU solutions from concept to completion following a detailed phase-gate development process.
- Provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of the LRU deliverables, supporting as necessary assembly and installation.
- Define processes, specifications, and procedures that support the design and manufacture of the electrical/electronic hardware.
- Provide technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Facilitate the development of functional and physical design requirements to ensure complete integrated design architecture.
- Design and development of electrical/electronic circuitry (includes, analogue, digital, microprocessor, FPGA design techniques).
- Schematic Capture and associated PCB layouts.
- Analysis, test and evaluation of electronic/electrical circuits and components.
- Electronic circuit simulation and analysis.
- Produce technical documentation to support all activities, from trade studies, requirements documentation, compliance evidence and test documentation.
What you need to be the successful Electronics Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electronics Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Formal Electronic qualification such as HNC/HND/BEng
- Experience of Electronics Hardware Design & Product Development.
- Proven experience in Digital and Analogue Electronics Design
- Experience of Windchill or other Product Lifecycle Management tool.
- Proven Experience of Schematic Capture, PCB Layout (Altium Designer) and IPC awareness
- EMC Awareness at product and PCB level
- Ability to support and manage aspects of Assembly, Integration and Test
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Experience of using DOORS for requirements capture.
- Proven Hardware Sell Off experience through qualification and verification
- Preparation of FMEA's
- Awareness of IEC61508
- Experience of 28V power distribution systems
- Experience of battery Management Systems
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.