|Location: Ealing, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Meg Easterbrook||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Ealing, West London
We are actively seeking an Electronics Engineer for a large defence company in West London.
The role is to conduct electronic engineering design activities and reviews, covering full system, sub-system and board design.
The successful Electronics Engineer will be joining a large defence company at the forefront of sonar and airborne projects, so it is an exciting prospect to work at the forefront of the nations defence. Due to the nature of the company we are only accepting applicants who have or are eligible to gain and maintain SC clearance.
Key Responsibilities of the Electronics Engineer:
- Design of electronics covering full system, sub-system and individual board design.
- Ensure that the technical solutions needs to customer, legislative and business requirements.
- Taking ownership of technical work including budget and schedule aspects
- Planning and estimating input into the Project Management teams, so that they can take control of the projects.
- Resolving issues with safety, certification and qualifications within the department
- Support risk identification and mitigation activities
- Leading and coaching junior engineers.
- Overseeing initial test and integration including formal testing.
Required skills, qualifications and experience of the Electronics Engineer:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Electronics or a relevant subject.
- Chartered status of professional registration is desirable.
- Expereince of the whole electronics lifecycle within a defence environment
- Airborne system qualification is desired.
- Strong design experience within an appropriate branch of electronics (power, high speed digital, analogue, RF etc)
- Strong career history in Electronics
- Knowledge of engineering best practises.
- Knowledge of the EMC standard and design principles.
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive and good leadership skills.
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites and some overnight stays and overseas travel may arise as the role develops.
Benefits of working as the Electronics Engineer
Due to the nature of the role, we are unable to disclose the salary brackets for this role, but we are happy to say it is a very generous and desirable package, offered by a leading innovative company in the electrical defence industry.
They offer an opportunity to progress and develop on your skills as an Electronics Engineer.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this Electronics Engineer opportunity, please do call Meg at Gold Group on 01342 330503 or click 'Apply Now!'
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.