|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Electronics Engineer (I&C)
Are you looking for career progression? Do you want to be valued? Then I have the role for you!
Our client, a successful electronics defence company, has an opportunity for an Electronics Engineer (I&C) to join their growing team. This is excellent time for an Electronics Engineer to progress within a company which really values their engineers work and helps them along their chosen career path. The Electronic Engineer will be one of a team of engineers providing services in support of an analogue, digital and computer based safety systems. The team is responsible for analyzing Instrumentation and Control (l&C) equipment and proposing new and innovative solutions to enable the equipment to be operated for the life of the plant. The team has a diverse scope from requirements through to the design and maintenance of systems and products
The successful Electronics Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive Salary
* Flexible working
* 25 day's holiday
* Variable annual bonus
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Engineer will include:
* Detailed analysis of specific aspects of existing equipment to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment.
* Helping to establish a number of candidate solutions.
* Supporting discussions of the proposed solutions with customer representatives to agree the optimum solution in terms of cost, timescale and ease of implementation.
* Liaison with suppliers regarding supply and support of third party equipment.
* Carrying out specified design and development work in own area of competence.
* Occasionally supporting the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer's site if needed.
* Supporting good customer relationships by presenting a professional engineering approach to the work.
* Supporting the team's engineering capabilities with individual skill and determination.
* Developing personal engineering capability across the safety system and instrumentation areas.
* Produce technical reports clearly identifying the preferred course of action and why after the analysis of the legacy designs.
* Peer review of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety, functionality and compliance with standards and statutory requirements.
In order to be the successful Electronics Engineer (I&C) and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Must be eligible for Security Clearance
* Able to demonstrate skill and experience in a specific area relating to electronic equipment design or maintenance, preferably in a regulated industry.
* Demonstrable ability in electrical work and/or analogue and digital electronics using conventional logic families and programmable logic.
* Appropriate technical qualifications in specific areas of electrical or electronic design or in instrumentation and control.
* Ability to communicate effectively within peer group and with manager/ team leader.
* SCADA knowledge an advantage
* Capable of producing good oral and written communications.
* A safety and quality focus is a primary requirement of the role.
* Confidence in own knowledge area and ability to grasp and discuss the concepts and ideas generated by others within the team.
* Controlled, focused and not easily distracted or diverted from the tasks set by the Team Leader.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electronic Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.