|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £72000 - £82000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Electronics Engineering Functional Manager to join them Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
As a Functional Manager within the Engineering organisation you are expected to carry out the following roles and responsibilities:
- The Functional Head will report directly to the Functional Chief Engineer and will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the function and management of all staff.
- They will be expected to work in close collaboration with other Heads within other functions in order to assist in the development of their own function and staff members, in terms of consistent and common adoption / delivery.
- To promote and control the demands within the company for those staff members who are part of their immediate reporting line.
- They will have the authority to hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with their staff, to determine their training needs, structured experiential development and orchestration of the delivery of weekly functional reporting to the Department Head.
- It is expected that they will maintain frequent contact with equivalent level managers, industry peers and customer representatives.
- The main objective of the Functional Lead is to lead and manage their designated team ensuring all of specific tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- The Functional Lead shall demonstrate the competencies outlined in Full Spectrum Leadership (Mid-level Leader) in; Shaping the future; Building effective relationships; Engergising the team; Delivering results and Modelling personal Excellence, Integrity & Accountability
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Staff Performance Appraisals
- Staff Recruitment (Interviews)
- Resource Planning
- Career Development (for entire Team)
- Skill Need Assessment (including critical skills)
- Training and Mentoring Plans and Delivery
- Engineering Strategy in Support of Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Internal Research and Development in Support of LRP
- Customer Research and Development in Support of LRP
- Patents or Papers
- Partnerships with Academia
- IP Management
- Estimation (ITR, CSR)
- Approval (ITR, CSR)
- Engineering Mission Success
- Engineering Governance (TCQ)
- Engineering Tech Reviews
- End to End Design
- Process Development
- Process Management
- Metrics collection & analysis
- Process Improvement
There is likely to be a 50/50 split between functional management and independent oversight of activities and deliverables in the department. List of required skills shows a good split between the technical and functional responsibilities
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!