|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Electronics Firmware Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Package
Key Skills: Electronics, Firmware, FPGA, Design, Installation, ASIC, Altera, Actel, Altec, MentorGraphics, Simulation, Product Development, Reports, Test, Analogue, Digital, DOORS, Schematic Capture, JTAG, PCB Design, DO-254, IEC61508
An experienced Electronics Firmware Engineer is required to join a highly motivated and skilled team in the development, test and support of all Firmware and FPGA designs through to qualification for the ground-based vehicles programme.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as an Electronics Firmware Engineer?
- Part of a team reviewing System specifications, writing and capturing product functional requirements, producing VHDL, performing analysis, simulation and testing of the Firmware and FPGA designs
- Take responsibility for technical decisions of particular parts of the product design, documenting design decisions throughout development under minimal supervision.
- Take responsibility for the design, development and support of Firmware and FPGA solutions form concept to completion following a detailed development process.
- Provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of deliverables, supporting as necessary assembly and installation.
- Provide direction to the project team against specification requirements
- Define processes, specifications and procedures that support then design and manufacture of the solutions.
What are we looking for in our next Electronics Firmware Engineer?
- Hold a formal qualification in Electronic OR Electrical Engineering - BEng/HNC/HND
- Hold expertise in Firmware Product Development
- Have experience in FPGA (or ASIC) Design and Verification
- Have the ability to derive FPGA architectures and requirements from system requirements
- Have experience of using FPGA vendor tools - Altera/Xilinx/Actel or Aldec/MentorGraphics for simulation and implementation
- Have excellent VHDL Coding skills
- Hold the ability to produce technical documentation in supporting all activities, from reports to design reviews and final assembly/test instructions
- Microprocessor design and interfaces, both digital and analogue, serial and parallel desirable
- Experience of using DOORS for requirements capture
- Hold experience of Schematic Capture and PCB layout
- JTAG Design and Programming
- Hold an awareness of DO-254 and IEC61508 Design techniques
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Electronics Firmware Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Electronics Firmware Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy