|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Oil & Gas||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Electronics Lead - Smart Metering
Electronics Lead in Smart Metering needed for a multinational Engergy organisation based in West Sussex. The client is looking to employ an experienced Electronics Lead with a background in Smart Metering or Energy. Taking on a team of 3 Analyst's, this candidate will test and design Smart Meters
The successful Electronics Lead will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* Discretionary bonus
* Contributed pension plan
* Career progression
* And many more!!!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Lead will include:
* Accountable for the design, implementation and management of an appropriate technical asset strategy, together with effective technical plans for all relevant intelligent devices.
* To build and maintain a technical smart metering and version approach, with direct management of the test team.
* To design, implement and manage a technical library, providing compliant technical assurance in line with developments in industry standards, regarding the products and services procures.
* To manage and deliver technical compliance back to conformity around Smart Metering Technical Specification including variants
* Managing the testing and implementation of firmware across all devices deployed in the UK.
* Define and manage the company's manufacturing technical assurance processes
* customers' home, ensuring firmware compliance.
* Define and manage the technical support in respect of Smart Metering Systems (SMS's), IHD (In Home Display) CAD (Customer Access Device) or any other Customer device deployed in our customer's homes.
* Analyse and evaluate device documentation as required to support asset procurement and delivery within the Customers business
* To manage the change and issue management process for all technical standards/requirements
* To represent the company as its technical design authority internally and with all 3rd parties
What you need to be the successful Electronics Lead:
In order to be the successful Electronics Lead and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Demonstrated substantial management experience within the automotive or electronics/electrical or telecommunications sectors, majoring in firmware management.
* Evidence of technical decision making, risk management, health safety and environment issues within engineering standards.
* Evidence of a core capability to successfully apply proven problem solving methodologies to complex and time critical issues.
* Demonstrable experience of organisational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during the elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
* Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirement information.
* Excellent and demonstrable written skills.
* Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among stakeholders.
* Robust experience and knowledge in relation to device Security.
* Able to present complex information on intelligent in home devices in a confident and concise manner to groups of various level stakeholders, and on a one to one basis.
* Systems integration and communications knowledge (Desirable)
* Qualified to degree level in electronic/electrical or mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline
* Considerable experience in the utility industry at a senior level
* Metrology experience
* Preferred Chartered Engineer
* Both Gas and Electricity Smart Metering experience (I&C or domestic is suitable)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!