|Location: Crawley||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Embedded Software Engineer
An opportunity for an embedded Software Engineer exists to join our busy R&D team in Crawley to work on new and exciting platform systems. The team works within an agile development framework and are engaged in the development of my clients product portfolio.
The Candidate should have experience in embedded software all round design with expertise in embedded ARM based microcontrollers; preferably within a highly regulated medical device environment.
Experience or knowledge of designing Realtime code for a diverse range of interfaces; CAN, Ethernet, EtherCAT, I2C, SPI etc would be very desirable. As would be design and implementation of GUIs for an embedded high resolution display.
The software engineer is responsible for delivering new product developments by contributing to the successful completion of product creation projects. This shall be achieved by coordinating work through small teams of in-house and outsourced engineers.
- Design, develop and maintain the control system and related applications.
- Formulate and analyse high level requirements to develop software engineering solutions
- Create detailed engineering work plans and requirement specifications
- Ensure that all required engineering documentation has been created and captured
- Ensure that software designs are safe and comply with all applicable regulatory standards
- Take lead role in integrating embedded designs with all other project deliverables
- Ensure that designs are properly verified according to appropriate procedures
- Carry out evaluations of prototype designs
- Promote effective use of leading-edge tools and rapid prototyping software techniques and tools.
- Accumulate and share business, product and system knowledge
- Plan and maintain progress in improving personal, professional competence & development
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies -
- Experience writing medical software compliant to IEC62304
- Experience of Infineon XMC series or Arm based processors for embedded applications
- Conversant with writing real time Embedded real-time C/C++
- Familiarity of coding for Safety applications.
- Knowledge and experience of developing GUIs
- Knowledge of software control of real-time servo control systems
- VHDL (for FPGAs)
- Electronics experience
- Proven experience in system design followed through to product release in cross-functional projects
- Ability to manage and prioritize own tasks and those of others.
- Good commercial awareness for effective management of outsource resources
- Excellent communication skills, with a positive influencing style
- Fluent in English
- Good bachelors or Masters degree in relevant engineering or scientific discipline
- Member of professional institution, or working towards Chartered engineer status or equivalent
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.