|Location: Burton-on-Trent||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Embedded Software Engineer
Burton / Derby area.
Perm £40,000 - £50,000
UK Passport holders only due to defence industry working requirements.
Are you someone who can look beyond the task presented, who has a desire to apply their technical skills to tackle problems in new industries; to take a systems view to understand a clients' needs and consult and deliver sustainable solutions that really add value.
Working here you will get experience on projects that are varied in scale from designing prototype electronics, Internet of Things (IoT) devices to developing large-scale control systems for some of the most complex and high profile engineering projects in the UK today.
This diversity and the growth of our electronics capability provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and progression for you.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with a diverse customer base. The role will involve working in our offices and laboratories, clients' sites and field trial environments depending on the needs of the projects.
Embedded Software Engineer Requirements:
- A background in Electronic Engineering Degree, Computer Science or a General Engineering Degree (Masters/PhD or evidence of post graduate experience).
- Industry experience in embedded systems and/or architecture/software using a systems engineering approach.
- Experience in C, C++ and/or Ada along with RTOS embedded software development.
- Chartered Engineer (or evidence of progression towards Chartership).
- Experience of project, customer or supplier communications and management
Additional Desirable (non-essetial skills)
- Model Based Design (MBD) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS.
- Industry experience in hardware and software integration.
- Experience of modelling and simulation tools, e.g. SCADE, MATLAB, Simulink, Veristand, LabVIEW.
- Software engineering expertise covering items such as software modelling (UML/SysML), software assurance, static analysis, statistical testing and formal methods.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.