|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer needed for a multinational aerospace organisation based in Dorset. They're looking to employ an experienced Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for applying discipline domain expertise to the design, development and test of new and existing embedded software products to meet the specified requirements.
The successful Embedded Software Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Annual bonus
- Great pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Single Medical Cover
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Embedded Software Engineer will include:
- Operate in accordance with the Health, Safety and Environment procedures and regulations
- Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and test of embedded software components on time, within budget and with required quality
- Peer review of software
- Produce the documentation required to support the software
- Assist in estimating, planning and progress reporting
- Provide support to the projects, systems and operations teams
- Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework and Life Cycle Management.
- Support the implementation of design review practice in accordance with Life Cycle Management project governance including: System Design Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Readiness Review and Final Acceptance Review
- Continued development of discipline competence and expertise
- Contribute to business winning technical proposals
- Identification of opportunities for the improvement of processes, practices and tools
- Collaboration with other project team members to analyse and address project requirements
- Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, Business Unit and company to share and learn best practice
What you need to be the successful Embedded Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Embedded Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Familiarity with the product lifecycle from system requirements, architecture, algorithm development, modelling, design, integration, qualification, verification, through to production and support
- Highly experienced in developing production embedded software ideally for one or more of the following: radar, electronic warfare, communications and / or surveillance systems for an airborne environment
- Expertise in design, coding, debugging, reviewing and testing embedded software
- Experience of C++/C/Assembler embedded software development
- Experience of developing embedded software for RTOS, embedded Linux and bare metal applications on multi ARM processors.
- Experience of implementing Ethernet networking solutions including knowledge of TCP networking
- Experience of implementing efficient time critical embedded software on multi ARM SoC devices.
- Ability to optimise hardware performance by understanding low level hardware and software interaction.
- Ability to write optimised code for resource limited hardware
- Experience of development environments including SDK/Eclipse,
- An understanding of Configuration Management and Quality Assurance principles
- Experience participating in software design and enhancement
- Extensive experience of software development including platform bring-up and low level debugging
- Experience of device driver and system software level
- Knowledge of SoC hardware components and software interfaces to them
- Aptitude for complex problem solving
- Proficient and confident with version control systems
- Strong technical report writing.
- Educational qualifications: Minimum Technical Degree relating to Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!