|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Embedded Software Engineers - Experienced Professionals
Our client os seeking talented Embedded Software Engineers at all career levels to work on a wide variety of projects and develop this growing capability within their company. They offer consultancy services across the whole software lifecycle to support their clients in the analysis, development, verification and assurance of their embedded systems.
The company's projects are varied in scale from designing prototype Internet of Things (IoT) devices to developing large scale control systems for some of the most complex and high profile engineering projects in the UK today. Their team works with clients in a number of domains including aerospace, defence, nuclear, renewable energy and autonomous systems. This diversity and the growth of their electronics capability provides a wealth of opportunity for career development and progression.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams across the company to rapidly expand these services in a range of business sectors. Candidates should demonstrate transferable skills and an interest in a consultancy style of working.
You will have a good degree in a Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related degree and you will have a fundamental understanding of Software and/or Electronic Engineering principles either from an academic or commercial background.
You will hold or be working towards Chartered Engineer status and have expertise in at least one of the following:
- C, C++ and/or Ada
- Real time embedded software development
- Safety critical software development
- Control system design
As well as the above, a good understanding in any of the following areas would also be desirable:
- Software modelling e.g. UML, SCADE
- Software verification and validation
- Software safety standards e.g. IEC61508, DO-178B/C, EN 50128, ISO26262
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS
- Model-Based Design
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Hardware and software integration
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB, Simulink
- Formal methods
- Functional safety
- Configuration management
- Software assurance
- Project management
- Preparation of bids and proposals
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Technical leadership of projects