|Location: Bedford||Salary: £45 - £55 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
EMC Design Authority
EMC Design Authority needed to join my client on a contract basis. The company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This will be on an initial 6 month contract but the likelihood of an extension is quite high.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the EMC Design Authority will include:
To lead the EMC work as Design Authority on the current projects, with focus responsibility for the design sell-off internally and with the customer authority.
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in an EMC Design and Integration technical authority role.
- Knowledge of EC Compliance regulations and of UK and US Military EMC procedures including Def-Stan 59-41/59-411, and MIL STD Screening Effectiveness method and test.
- Knowledge of ground based vehicle electronic systems EM integration, zone controls and hardened EM environment
- Relevant EM / TEMPEST management experience
- Understanding and experience of author and review of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
- Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
What you need to be the successful EMC Design Authority:
In order to be the successful EMC Design Authority and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Core understanding of EMC/EMI at electrical component, LRU and system level
- Strong academic EMC/EMI knowledge or practical application of EMC/EMI knowledge.
- Proven experience of EMC/EMI fault finding and problem resolution at system level
- Proven experience of specifying EMC/EMI requirements at component and system level.
- Experience of producing best practice for EMI/EMC aspects
- Experience of producing related EMC/EMI policies, guides, requirements documentation.
- Knowledge of the design, development and validation cycles of product / systems
- Ability to understand risks, undertake and develop risk assessment protocols
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a EMC Design Authority to join a large organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.