|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 17 days ago|
An EMC Engineer needed for a leading Aerospace and Defence company based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced EMC Engineer with experience of defining and executing EMC qualification plans, defining and commissioning test setups and knowledge of EMC standards.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the EMC Engineer will include:
- Assessment of customer EMC/Lightning requirements and subsequent development of internal/supplier system and equipment requirements.
- Contribution to design, to ensure that EMC and lightning are considered appropriately (e.g. enclosure design, wiring, layout, protection devices, bonding/grounding schemes etc.).
- Composition of test plans and procedures to gather development data or qualification evidence.
- Carrying out EMC and lightning tests.
- Reporting test results and analyse implications to compliance and safety.
- Assessing the potential EMC impact of design changes.
- Peer review of technical documentation.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification plans and activities.
- Review of equipment qualification data from suppliers.
What you need to be the successful EMC Engineer:
In order to be the successful EMC Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Relevant degree or a recognised engineering apprenticeship and HNC/HND.
- Experience of development engineering activities.
- Experience in defining and executing EMC qualification plans and producing technical documentation to support qualification.
- Experience defining and commissioning test setups and performing environmental and functional testing at component and system levels.
- Knowledge of EMC standards (e.g. RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, Def Stan 59-411, SAR ARP 5412/5414/5416, plus ideally the proprietary EMC standards of aerospace primes etc.).
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an EMC Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the EMC Engineer, you must be eligible for Security Clearance.