|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Energy Sector Subcontract Manager to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. Dependent on the award of an internal contract. Time scales would be to get someone in place by June 2018
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
This role will be responsible for managing the sub-contracting response to an opportunity to develop and deliver innovative energy solutions for the UK and potentially international markets. This includes waste to energy, renewable energy and energy efficiency, Utility/Smart Grid and EPC.
The post is accountable to the Mission Support Supply Chain Programme Lead (SPL) for the management of all procurement activity in the capture of new business and execution of projects including hardware and services for production, construction, development tasks, for domestic and international suppliers.
- Developing sourcing strategies and Identifying suitable suppliers to meet programme needs.
- Developing relationships with key suppliers.
- Developing T&C's for use in this sector
- Negotiating NDAs/MOUs and other agreement as required.
- Negotiating appropriate sub contracts.
- Acting as the representative both Internally and Externally for their Subcontracts
- Establishing the resources required to deliver the long term solutions.
- Managing supplier performance to meet Technical, Schedule, Quality, and Cost requirements.
- Managing risks, opportunities and business dependencies and deliverables
- Ensuring that contract requirements are met in full and ensuring risks impacts are mitigated.
- Completing internal and external reviews (deep dives) on sub-contractor performance as required.
- Advising on any issues and risks and acting as the SME for their subcontracts
- Achieving programme and business financial targets.
- Escalating issues where appropriate to achieve resolution.
- Managing any supplier improvement programme working with the Supply Chain Excellence Manager.
- An extensive knowledge of the energy sector and an excellent understanding of the key players
- Must be a confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
- Proven adaptability and ability to effectively manage a range of subcontracts and suppliers with varying complexity
- Demonstrable ability to work closely as part of business development team advising on sub contract options and governance
- Excellent Internal and external (incl international) stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge and experience of sub contracts applicable to this sector
- Experienced in working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
- Strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, and financial control.
- Capable of identifying and mitigating risks and achieving effective issue resolution.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Team player with management skills.
- Very good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Supply chain experience in the construction environment
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from new business capture (including bid preparation) , programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Knowledge of SAP (or similar) ERP systems
The Energy Sector Subcontract Manager will be require to travel extensively including international. There could be an option for flexible working with a few days a week from home or potentially another office.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.