|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
Engineering Capability Manager
Engineering Capability Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Cheltenham. Our client is looking to employ an experienced Engineering professional with an in-depth knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering, possesses management experience, an understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and ideally the defence industry.
The successful Engineering Capability Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 day's holiday in addition to Bank Holidays
- Non-contractual annual bonus based on company targets
- Pension Plan
- Car allowance
- Flexible working
- Subsidised canteen and gym on site
- Life assurance
- + many more
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Capability Manager will include:
- To manage and lead a multi-disciplinary matrix engineering team in meeting the Business 5 Year Strategy.
- To be an active member of the engineering management team and support the Engineering Director in formulating the resource and delivery strategy.
- To work with the Engineering Director to set clear department expectations and enthuse a clear vision of success both internally and externally.
- Ensure that an appropriate approach to configuration control is put in place that meets the needs of all internal and external requirements.
- Develop an accurate and fit for purpose forward load / capacity planning system with processes to support and inform the Engineering Director of the size and shape of the department, particularly considering the capability and knowledge required for each project.
- To manage the engineering skills matrix and engineering competency framework to inform training decisions and engineering skillset requirements.
- To ensure that appropriate training is identified and delivered to meet the Business 5 Year Strategy.
- To manage and lead the engineering domain managers and provide guidance on resourcing and project allocation.
- To ensure that engineering domains commit to achieving technical deliverables that are realistic, on time, to quality and within cost.
- To ensure the engineering domains achieve all technical deliverables and follow the Engineering & Programmes "Obligations and Charter" whilst meeting the needs of the project as outlined by the chief engineers.
- To create and maintain an engineer's toolbox to allow work to be completed accurately, on time and within budget.
- To be responsible for the allocation of engineering resource to ensure maximum utilisation and engineering efficiency.
- To be responsible for the engineering tools required in delivering the technical project needs.
- To manage the graduate and undergraduate development scheme including the associated mentors and support network.
- Manage annual appraisals and work with HR to support Learning & Development.
- Support HR with conducting disciplinary and grievance proceedings when required.
What you need to be the successful Engineering Capability Manager:
In order to be the successful Engineering Capability Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Proven ability and experience in the successful development and delivery of large and complicated engineering development programmes, ideally in the aerospace and defence arenas.
- Demonstrable ability to motivate and lead large multi-disciplinary matrix technical teams.
- Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer preferable, including membership of appropriate engineering institute.
- Firm understanding of engineering configuration control.
- Experience in forward load and capacity planning of people and resources.
- Ability to manage through systems and a strong advocate of process compliance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised, robust, self-motivated team player.
- Experience of balancing varying, conflicting and dynamic business priorities to ensure continued business success.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering professional to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!