|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £1 - £100000 per annum + + Benefits (Salary discussed on application)|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Engineering Functional Manager to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
As a Functional Manager within the Engineering organisation you are expected to carry multiple roles and responsibilities, some of these would include:
- Staff Performance Appraisals
- Staff Recruitment (Interviews)
- Resource Planning
- Career Development (for entire Team)
- Skill Need Assessment (including critical skills)
- Training and Mentoring Plans and Delivery
- Engineering Strategy in Support of Long Range Plan (LRP)
- More details on application...
- The Functional Head will report directly to the Functional Chief Engineer and will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the function and management of all staff.
- They will be expected to work in close collaboration with other Heads within other functions in order to assist in the development of their own function and staff members, in terms of consistent and common adoption / delivery.
- They will have the authority to hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with their staff, to determine their training needs, structured experiential development and orchestration of the delivery of weekly functional reporting to the Department Head.
- It is expected that they will maintain frequent contact with equivalent level managers, industry peers and customer representatives.
- The main objective of the Functional Lead is to lead and manage their designated team ensuring all of specific tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- The Functional Lead shall demonstrate the competencies outlined in Full Spectrum Leadership (Mid-level Leader) in; Shaping the future; Building effective relationships; Engergising the team; Delivering results and Modelling personal Excellence, Integrity & Accountability
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to further their career with a leading defence and aerospace organisation. These opportunities don't come around very often. Click apply now to be considered as the new Engineering Functional Manager!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.