|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Defence / Electronics
Engineering Manager needed for one of the world's leading Defence/Electronics organisations based in Middlesex.
The Engineering Manager will provide technical management of one of more multi-disciplinary engineering teams of 5-20 engineers, delivering research, development and production projects ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
Salary for this position will be discussed upon application. All applicants must be eligible for SC level Security Security Clearance.
Benefits for Engineering Manager:
- Annual bonus
- 25 day's holiday
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Private Health Care
- Dental Care
- And many more!
Key Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager position:
- Manage all aspects of one or more research and development projects or the development of one or more complex electronic products.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence, in conjunction with discipline leads and system architects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and toolchain are selected.
- Supports the Project Management team in the planning and scheduling of their project and works with them to optimise the schedule logic.
- Oversee the development and design review process, ensuring that all deliverables are of suitable quality and contractual milestones are met.
- Responsible for the engineering budget on the project and monitors & forecasts effort and cost to completion, in order to identify and address overspend or schedule slip.
- Works in conjunction with production, production test and supply chain to ensure a holistic "product-level" approach is taken to development to support the needs of multi-disciplinary requirements such as DFM, UPC, product safety and production test.
- Identifies resource needs in good time for their introduction to the project, working with the discipline leads to ensure that resource requirements are satisfied.
- Contribute to business and customer reporting, identifying suitable metrics to facilitate the accurate monitoring of project progress.
- Represents the Company on their project(s) with customers, suppliers and subcontractors in order to ensure an open, constructive and positive relationship.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for Engineering Manager:
- Significant experience and background in either:
- the design and delivery of complex electronic equipment, preferably for harsh environments
- research and development projects with significant System Engineering content.
- Evidence of managing the development and delivery of electronic equipment to time and budget, over the full lifecycle.
- Experience in engineering leadership/management.
- Experience in one or more engineering disciplines, such as Electronic Hardware, Software, Firmware or Systems Engineering.
- Excellent teambuilding and management skills with the ability and experience of managing multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills.
- Experience of DOORS, UML and SysML would be advantageous.