|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 19 days ago|
West London / Dorset
Engineering Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in West London / Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Engineering Manager that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of development using experience of leading or overseeing complex projects, experience across the whole project lifecycle, from bids and proposals through to in-service support and experience across a wide range of engineering disciplines, preferably in the defence sector.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Manager will include:
- Ensuring all projects have the appropriate level of Work Package Management applied, with regular review and reporting of progress against the Work Packages
- Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the delivery of their projects by ensuring all aspects of the delivery are being considered and that company processes are being followed
- Ensuring there is a coherent strategy for the delivery of the various projects within the Business Stream Reviewing the risks across individual projects and the wider business area and ensuring suitable mitigation strategies are in place
- Supporting the Functional Leads and Project Engineering Leads in the allocation of appropriate resource, and for resolving resource conflicts within the Business Steam
- Ensuring that the Forward Load across the Business Stream is up-to-date and accurate for the current projects and future opportunities
- Early identification of project issues impacting compliance, schedule, milestones or costs, development of mitigation and/or recovery strategies and appropriate escalation to the Senior Management Team
- Ensuring Internal Research and Development work within the Business Stream is properly resourced, planned and conducted.
- Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the development and delivery of design reviews
- Working with the Business Lead to present the position of the projects at Cross-Functional and Exceptions Reviews
- Supporting the Bid Manager and Capability Managers in the development and review of the cost books for future opportunities with the Business Stream
- Providing mentoring to the Project Engineering Leads
What experience you need to be the successful Engineering Manager:
- Experience of leading or overseeing complex projects
- Degree level (or equivalent) in engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of sonar desirable
- Used to dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and senior management
- Experience across the whole project lifecycle, from bids and proposals through to in-service support
- Ability to disseminate a wide range of technical information from subject matter experts
- Experience across a wide range of engineering disciplines, preferably in the defence sector
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for security clearance up to SC level is required for this position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.