|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £1 - £2 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Engineering Planner/Project Controller
Engineering Planner/Project Controller needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Engineering Planner/Project Controller with an in-depth knowledge of MS Project 2007/2010 and Primavera P6
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Planner/Project Controller will include:
- Developing solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and execution.
- Assisting in proposal preparation planning for new business capture, including development of planning artefacts for solicitation response. Interfaces with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator.
- Validating cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management.
- Managing vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artefacts compliant with LM's command media.
- May provide leadership, direction and day to day management of other program planners if applicable.
- Devising modelling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline. Performs time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
- Resolving schedule conflicts, develops and implements work-around strategies and tactical alternatives.
- Utilising performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance.
- Maintenance and status updates of the IMS on a weekly & monthly basis.
- Maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Creation and Maintenance of the Project Business Rhythm.
- Point of contact for both Suppliers and Clients.
- Attending and Presentation of Schedule Information for client and management reviews.
- Creation of project status reports and slide decks
What you need to be the successful Engineering Planner/Project Controller:
In order to be the successful Engineering Planner/Project Controller and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Knowledge / experience of MS Project 2007/2010, Primavera P6 or a similar project planning tool.
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to, even in occasional pressurised situations.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology.
- The ability to quickly pick up new tool sets and processes, with good analytical skills.
- Proven ability to analyse schedules and cost data for impending difficulties and clearly communicate to Project Manager/Control Account Manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of and experience in SAP cost planning & reporting
- Experience in the development, maintenance and control of complex event-driven Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
- Experience in planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes (preferably MoD or Defence related) and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Planner/Project Controller to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.