|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £50000 - £58000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Engineering Project Lead required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Greenford. My client are looking for someone who has experience of leading a team of engineers, within a Software or Systems enviornment.
Ideal candidates will have experience of the V-model engineering lifecycle, as well as extensive experience of embedded real time systems. The Engineering Project Lead will lead a team of 6 to 12 engineers within a multi-disciplined engineering department of over 80 engineers.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an established and professional Systems or Software Engineer, looking to take their career to the next level! On offer is a highly competitive salary of £50,000 - £58,000 as well as a competitve benefits package.
My client are one of the leading companies within the UK defence industry, a leader within secure communications and data information assurance, and are looking for the highest calibre, and most skilled engineers to join their growing team.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Benefits package for Engineering Project Lead position:
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
Key responsibilities for Engineering Project Lead position:
- Provision of engineering leadership to ensure that projects are delivered to cost and schedule.
- Support the Program Management team in the planning and scheduling of their project.
- Identify resource needs in good time for their introduction to the project.
- Ensure that engineering artefacts for their project are delivered to budget and schedule whilst assuring their quality.
- Quickly and clearly raise resource concerns or any other impediments to project success; propose and manage solutions to those.
- Articulate and quantify technical risks on the project.
- Provide the Engineering interface for their project to Production and Supply Chain. Ensure that a holistic "product level" approach is taken to development to support the needs of multidisciplinary requirements such as DFM, UPC, product safety and production test.
- Responsible for the engineering budget on the project, monitoring and forecasting costs to completion and implementing solutions to remedy overspend or schedule slip.
- Coordinate all engineering resources on the project; perform day to day tasking.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Extensive experience of the development of embedded real-time systems
- Experience of the V-model engineering lifecycle
- Experience as a lead engineer of one of more engineering disciplines such as: Systems, Software, Firmware and Hardware with the appropriate level of detailed technical knowledge.
- Understanding of agile development and the role of Scrum Master.
All applicants for this position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this position, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.