|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Engineering Support Trainer
Engineering Support Trainer needed to join my client on a permanent basis. My client are the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board the Vanguard class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support.
What the role entails:
- Deliver Launcher Subsystem Trident Engineering Support Trainer (TEST) training courses at basic and advanced level as directed.
- Support RN delivered SWS training as directed in accordance with the service level agreement.
- Assist the TEST team in the delivery of other TEST courses within the bounds of personal competence.
- Produce course reports for Launcher course delivery, write technical reports as required.
- Update training material following course delivery, feedback, and changes to source documentation.
- Assist the TEST training design staff as the Launcher Subsystem subject matter expert in developing, maintaining, updating training material when assigned, ensuring content is technically accurate and up to date.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders on Launcher issues as required.
- Attend required facility training as assigned and as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of approved Trident documentation, mandatory health and safety legislation, acceptance standards and directives to ensure compliance with Trident Programme and Company requirements
What you need to be the successful Engineering Support Trainer:
- Experience of technical instructional delivery
- Experience of the SWS and its subsystems in an engineering capacity.
- Possess clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Be IT literate to an appropriate standard in PC based systems with awareness of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organisational and workload management skills
- Strong communication, verbal and presentation skills
- Results oriented with strong interpersonal skills to achieve success
- Possess first rate customer facing skills
- Have evidence of ability and willingness to adapt within a dynamic environment.
- Be motivated, reliable, show initiative and be able to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of the PSA and how it impacts UK training documentation
- Experience in delivering training for SWS equipment, ideally the Launcher and/or Fire Control Subsystem.
- Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and debating technical issues with both Customer and Accreditor
- Knowledge of FOST Quality Processes
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Faslane based - Some occasional international travel may be required to the USA for training (once every few years if at all)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Engineering Support Trainer to join a large organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.