|Location: Birkenhead, Merseyside||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Safety, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Engineering Systems Leader.
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits.
Mech Eng, Product Safety, Systems Engineering, Certification, Airworthiness
This new role supports the Engineering Leader in the Design Qualification and Certification of various defence industry related products, and is the provisional technical support for on-going continued airworthiness.
The primary focus for the role is to Lead the team that provides Mechanical Design Engineering, Safety, Airworthiness and Certification in support of certified product designs to meet the exacting requirements and standards of the customers.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the activities of the Mechanical Design Engineering, Airworthiness and Certification Team.
- Responsible for supporting all mechanical engineering design and qualification and certification efforts for a complex project(s), keeping to schedule and any defined budget.
- Supporting role to the Engineering Lead for the review of customer specifications and requirements and assist project team to develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
- Support the team to coordinate test laboratories as necessary to experimentally prove new product developments, and support design reviews.
- Engage in cost estimates for prototype and production parts, support building a business case in support of product development activities.
- Take responsibility for the management of requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a Design Declaration of Performance.
- Mentoring others to develop products in accordance with approved Safety Engineering Assurance & Certification practices.
- Checking & Approving of Safety documentation; Hazard Log and Safety Assessment Reports in line with ALARP principles and best practice arrangements according to the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Safety Engineering principles and the process of Certification of products to meet regulatory approvals pertinent to EASA and UK MoD standards
- Possess a Pro-active and a "Can-do" attitude with regards the type of tasks that may be required to be undertaken to ensure tasks are completed
- Mechanical Fault Analysis and corrective action methods pertinent to the job role
- Knowledge and familiarity of regulatory authorities
- Qualified to degree or comparable level in a Mechanical/Aeronautical engineering discipline along with proven experience in mechanical design within a regulated industry.
- Chartered Engineer status is desirable, or working towards membership of a relevant Professional Institution
- Knowledge of AS9100, EASA Part 21 Subpart G & J and UK MAA DAOS/DEFSTAN 0056
- Familiarity with MIL-STD's, Def-Stan, NAS, ASME and DoD procurement processes and procedures would be an advantage
For full details of this position and to talk through the opportunity please get in touch today.