|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Engineering Team Lead to join them at their Gloucester site. You will be responsible for leading the Systems team activities supporting all IPT Integrated Product Teams, covering new development programmes, in-service programmes and R&T programmes and be accountable for engineering activities it carries out.
Specific Job Description
Your main responsibilities in this role will be:
- Leading a team of System Engineers to meet agreed Key Milestones and deliverables on time to cost and quality.
- Robust reporting through associated reviews, Key performance Indicators and Visual Management techniques.
- Technical, financial and scheduling responsibility for the team's activities
- Ensuring best practice is used to drive the Systems Engineering Department forward
- Promoting professional and personal development of all the team members
- Work with the functional management to ensure that the adequate resources and skills are available and proper methods and processes applied.
- Support Engineering Resources Allocation Process (EDRP), by updating plans on a regular basis, according to load identified and capacity required to achieve the program's validated (EDR) objectives for short and long term.
- Promote professional and personal development of all team members, managing the PDR process.
- Encourage, support and be accountable for initiatives to improve cost, quality, delivery, health, safety and environmental performance.
- Support the PCE and represent Engineering Function (when required) in technical reviews with internal and external customers
- Support technical audits and ensure agreed actions are closed
- You will need a sound knowledge of systems engineering theory
- Ideally you will have previous experience of landing gear structures and systems and understand their design principles.
- Must have experience in ARP4754
- Ideally would have experience in safety and reliability and ARP4761, hydraulic /electrical systems.
- You will also have knowledge of the principles of mechanical engineering together with knowledge of the principles of safety and reliability.
- Ability and willingness to communicate and work with all disciplines of engineering and external suppliers.
Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in an engineering discipline is required with the relevant experience in order to be successful in the role. You will be required to demonstrate experience and proven results in a range of engineering activities. Strong programme management, communication and decision making skills are essential to this role, as is your general understanding of finance. Proven experience of coaching and developing others would be an advantage
Click apply now to be considered!