|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Engineering Team Leader
Engineering Team Leader needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Engineering professional with an in-depth knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering, possesses management experience, an understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and ideally the defence industry.
Our client is a specialist OEM that builds sophisticated and high value EW/radar simulation equipment for international defence customers. As such the work involves many aspects of electronic systems engineering from requirements definition, through design, manufacture and delivery to customers around the world.
The successful Engineering Team Leader will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 day's holiday in addition to Bank Holidays (with the option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Non-contractual annual bonus based on company targets
- Pension Plan
- Car allowance
- Flexible working
- Subsidised canteen and gym on site
- Life assurance
- + many more
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Team Leader will include:
- Provide effective line management and trusted leadership for the hardware/systems team so that they perform well individually and together.
- Ensure that the hardware/systems design and development processes are carried out and documented properly by the team. This includes the production of requirements, design and test documentation, plus identification and definition of the resulting tasks for the team.
- Provide accurate estimates of the effort and materials needed for projects and ensure the team meets those estimates in practice.
- Prioritise and allocate the activities of the team to best meet the timescales as agreed with the project managers and the Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that the systems offered to customers will be met by the delivered product, through detailed understanding of the requirements and the solutions being produced by the team.
- Ensure that the team provide expert support in resolving issues raised elsewhere in the business, notably with the other engineering and test teams.
- Carry out annual performance reviews with direct reports, assessing training/coaching needs and implement training. Complete holiday and timesheet approvals.
- Ensure that all work carried out by the team is in accordance with the defined engineering and quality processes.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Engineering Team Leader:
In order to be the successful Engineering Team Leader and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Be educated to Degree level
- Have in-depth Quality Experience
- Experience of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Management Experience
- High-level communication skills
- Ideally knowledge of radar and related electronic warfare systems
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Engineering Team Leader to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.