|Location: Bath, Somerset||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
£35,000 to £50,000 + Bonus and full benefits package.
Bath / Bristol
Maritime / Marine Defence Industry background.
SC Clearance required.
As part of our clients growth they are seeking an additional Environmental Consultant to join the team. This role will be within a team of Environmental Consultants providing support to major projects.
The post will be based in the Bath office with part of the time spent on client site in Bristol and some travel.
This Environmental Consultant role will suit an enthusiastic, dynamic individual, conversant with the UK MOD ways of working and the supporting Industry, particularly experienced in the maritime domain, with a track record of helping clients meet their obligations for Environmental Compliance.
The ideal candidate is capable of handling and understanding complex customer requirements in this market, has a technical background and is credible with the MOD and other Defence Industry partners.
The role will include the following elements:
- Manage the delivery of Environmental projects to schedule and budget whilst meeting client and corporate expectations.
- Oversee Environmental Compliance for internal and external engineering tasks.
- Understand, undertake and comply with the UK MOD Environmental Compliance Policy and Procedures.
- Engage with potential clients in support of Business Development activities, and to produce winning proposals and estimates for Environmental Compliance.
- Liaise with clients and the equipment/platform end-user at senior levels on Environmental Compliance and project issues.
Education / Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, from a recognised institute or university, preferably in Environmental Risk Management.
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body, such as IEMA, and be proactive in managing your own professional CPD.
- ISO 14001 Environmental Lead Auditor.
- Have a demonstrable track record of conducting Environmental Compliance, and be familiar with JSP418, JSP430/DSA02, POEMS.
- Experience in safety management working on defence projects and has good understanding of the DSA regulatory regime and has been responsible for developing, managing and maintaining management systems and has applied safety techniques and analyses.
- Have proven experience in working with complex systems, preferably in the maritime domain.
- Have proven experience and training in Project Management techniques and methodologies (including Scheduling and Project Risk Management).
- Be self-motivated and have a logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.