|Location: Bath, Somerset||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Callie Warner||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Environmental Consultant needed for a independent technical expertise and consultany, who offer concept design, asset management, programme management and technology services to customers in the defence, security, transport, energy and infrastructure markets.
The successful Environmental Consultant will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
* 25 days holiday
* Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Company Wide Profit Share
* Group Wide Profit Share
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Environmental Consultant will include:
This role will be leading the team of environmental consultants providing support to one of the major projects.
The post will be based in the Bath office but with part of the time spent on the client site in Bristol and some regular travel.
The role will comprise the following key elements:
* Manage the delivery of Environmental projects to schedule and budget whilst meeting client and corporate expectations.
* Oversee Environmental Compliance for internal and external engineering tasks.
* Understand, undertake and comply with the UK MOD Environmental Compliance Policy and Procedures.
* Engage with potential clients in support of Business Development activities, and to produce winning proposals and estimates for Environmental Compliance.
* Liaise with clients and the equipment/platform end-user at senior levels on Environmental Compliance and project issues.
What you need to be the successful Environmental Consultant:
In order to be the successful Environmental Consultant and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
The ideal candidate is capable of handling and understanding complex customer requirements in this market, has a technical background, established relationships with stakeholders and is credible with the MOD and Defence Industry partners.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, from a recognised institute or university, preferably in Environmental Risk Management (MSc is desirable).
* Be a member of an appropriate professional body, such as IEMA, and be proactive in managing his/her own professional CPD.
* ISO 14001 Environmental Lead Auditor.
* Have a demonstrable track record of conducting Environmental Compliance, and be familiar with JSP418, JSP430/DSA02, POEMS.
* Eligible for UK security clearance.
* Be willing to travel both in the UK and overseas.
* Experience in safety management working on defence projects and has good understanding of the DSA regulatory regime and has been responsible for developing, managing and maintaining management systems and has applied safety techniques and analyses.
* Have proven experience in working with complex systems, preferably in the maritime domain.
* Have proven experience and training in Project Management techniques and methodologies (including Scheduling and Project Risk Management).
* Be self-motivated and have a logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
* Be flexible and have a genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the growth of a successful business.
* Be articulate with professional presentational and written communication skills.
* Be a confident individual able to lead a team or act independently with support from colleagues.
* Effective communicator, with a strong ability and enthusiasm to present professionally through verbal and written communication.
* Good track record of accomplished goals and achievements.