|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40 - £43 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Environmental Engineer
Term: Initial 6 Months
Hours: 37 Per Week
Rate: £40 - £43 Per Hour
Key Skills: Mechanical, Environmental, Design, Equipment, Marine, Maritime, Defence, Manufacturing, Test, DEF-STAN 08-123, Data Analysis, Modelling, Simulation, Modelling, Testing, Shock, Vibration, Structural, Fatigue, Military, V&V, CFD, FEA, EMC
An experienced Environmental Engineer is required to provide mechanical and environmental expertise into the project team delivering on major Marine defence contracts. You will be working closely with the internal systems engineering and design teams in generating environmental requirements, robust product designs and effective test strategies throughout the equipment & manufacturing lifecycle.
So, what will you be doing as an Environmental Engineer?
- To provide key mechanical and environmental technical focal point for all stages of the design lifecycle, form concept definition through to first article and formal qualification and acceptance by customer
- Develop shock compliancy statements, test plans and descriptions, EUT configurations
- Provision of SME/Deign assurance support to design sub-contractors throughout the design and manufacture phases
- Reviewing of equipment mechanical/structural design artefacts produced by sub-contractors
- Reviewing of FEA and CFD analysis reports
- Provision of input into First Article and Production test specifications
- Supporting the Project Manager and Technical Managers with review of change requests
- Assisting in the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondences
What are we looking for in our next Environmental Engineer?
- Degree Educated in a Mechanical/Environmental Engineering discipline
- Hold a minimum of 3 years' experience working within the Marine Defence Industry
- Hold a minimum of 5 years' experience in an equipment design environment
- Expertise in environmental requirements definition and management, data analysis, simulation and modelling and testing
- Knowledge of environmental standards and certification - DEF STAN 08-123
- Familiar with mechanical and environmental/shock design principles and requirements for military/marine installations
- CAD capability
- Excellent PC Skills - DOORS, Visio, C&I, Project
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Environmental Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy