|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £250 - £285 per day|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Environmental Engineer required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Greenford. My client are looking for someone who has experience of environmental testing on military equipment!
Ideal candidates will have experience of interfacing effectively with internal customers, with a strong understanding of testing methods and equipment.
This is an exciting 6 month contract opportunity, with the potential for extention, paying a daily rate of £250 - £285, depeding on experience.
My client are one of the leading companies within the UK defence industry, a leader within secure communications and data information assurance, and are looking for the highest calibre, and most skilled engineers to join their growing team.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Key Responsibilities for Environmental Engineer:
- Liaise with design engineering teams to agree and define test strategies and procedures.
- Support in the design of test set-ups, jigs and fixtures.
- Follow test procedures in the execution of required tests (MIL-STD, DEF STAN, RTCA etc.).
- Set-up and competent operation of environmental test equipment (Vibration Shakers, Ovens and Climatic Chambers etc.).
- Work within environmental test team in the preparation and execution of test regimes, strategies, schedules etc.
- Support in the maintenance and control of the environmental test laboratory.
- Write technical acceptable test reports for internal and external customers in line with company specifications.
- Operate PC based test equipment in laboratories in association with testing activities.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Required Skills and Experience for Environmental Engineer:
- Experience of interacting effectively with internal customers
- Understanding of environmental testing methods and equipment.
- Proven Experience of previous environmental working practice.
- Self-sufficient in the execution of environmental test regimes with an ability to guide or propose improvements.
- Able to accurately compile test reports.
- Ability to design and optimise test fixtures and test set-ups.
To apply for this exciting 6 month Environmental Engineer contract opportunity, please press apply now!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.