|Location: Westbury, Wiltshire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Environmental Safety & Health Advisor to join them in the Westbury site.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
Specific Job Description
- Act as ESH Advisor to the business unit
- Provide ESH advice and guidance to Leaders and Staff members
- Maintain the Business ESH Management System to ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standard
- Deliver ESH awareness training, Induction training and evaluate feedback.
- Provide support and guidance to managers for workplace hazard identification, assisting in risk assessments and implementation of solutions
- Assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents and preparation of reports with recommendations
- Monitor ESH legislation and comply with company procedures
- Conduct Display Screen Equipment assessments and advise on solutions
- Monitor requirements for Portable Electrical Appliance Testing
- Co-ordinate with CESH Manager on maintenance of ESH records, web-site and policies and procedures.
- Host internal and external ESH audits
- Assist leaders in the development of ESH Objectives and Targets and manage implementation of the supporting programmes
- Report ESH performance to Leadership Team
- Manage the response to, and implementation, of company initiatives
- Maintenance of the Company COSHH assessments and its associated database
- Support Driving on Business Programme
- Host ESH Representative meetings, and other related meetings
- Other related activities as directed by the Corporate ESH Manager
- Hold the NEBOSH general certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or an equivalent qualification, or qualification by additional experience.
- Demonstrable experience of general Environment, Safety and Health duties.
- Be aware of and be able to apply relevant ESH legislation principles and practices in the workplace.
- Familiar with workshop safety practices and procedures.
- Have strong communications skills with good organisational and administrative skills.
- Enthusiastic and highly committed.
- Be self-motivated, have a 'can do' approach, and have the aptitude to work on own initiative to meet tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work as part of a small ESH team.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.