|Location: Maidstone, Kent||Salary: £23000 - £31500 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Environmental Steward / Ecologist
Environmental Steward / Ecologist needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Maidstone who are looking to employ an experienced Environmental Steward / Ecologist with an in-depth knowledge of Performance Tuning, Microsoft / MS SQL, SQL Upgrades from 2008 - 2012 / 2012 - 2016, and the Financial Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Environmental Steward / Ecologist will include:
* Undertake Environmental Assessment for preliminary design studies and scheme delivery, completing desk studies and site visits in accordance with the DMRB and current legislation.
* Identify and complete environmental studies or feasibility studies in line with Highways England's objectives.
* Identify when European Protected Species licenses are required and undertake the application process.
* Undertake landscape condition assessments and update the Landscape Management Plan.
* Undertake quarterly Environmental Information System (EnvIS) updates using GIS.
* Attend planned site meetings for proposed schemes and routine maintenance, providing clear and appropriate environmental mitigation.
* Assist all teams within the business where required with specialist environmental knowledge.
* Respond to Customer Care enquires and liaison with stakeholders.
* Comply with the A-one+ health & safety and environmental policies and procedures.
* Understand and implement the A-one+ Area 4 processes and procedures.
* Comply with the DMRB Vol 10 and Asset Maintenance and Operational Requirements (AMOR) and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
What you need to be the successful Environmental Steward / Ecologist:
In order to be the successful Environmental Steward / Ecologist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Degree / relevant experience in Environment, Ecology, Horticulture or Arboriculture.
* Evidence of CPD
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of Environmental Law and best practice.
* EIA legislation and RoD/NoD
* Full UK driving license
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Steward / Ecologist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!