|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: £1 per annum + Salary to be discussed upon application|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Environmental Test Engineer required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Southend.
My client are looking for a Environment Test Engineer to complete climatic, shock and vibration testing to military equipment, replicating the demanding environnments that the products will be subjected to throughout their operational life!
On offer is a highly competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, all to be discussed at application stage.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Specific Responsibilities for Environmental Test Engineer:
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team at the Environmental Test Centre. You will work alongside with, and supervise, technicians to deliver complex testing of high value assets, assessing their performance within the demanding environments that the systems will be subjected to throughout their operational life.
- Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications;
- Take responsibilities for adherence to working procedures, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Provide training and supervision to develop other team members as required;
- Liaise with the planning office to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
- Act as the technical lead on assigned programs of work providing support to the planning office and customer representatives as required;
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications and standards.
- To undertake tasks associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities.
- Ensure safe systems of work are maintained at all times during environmental testing.
- To become familiar with the latest environmental testing techniques, the associated test equipment and plant, the control systems and instrumentation.
- Supporting the Trials Team Leads in the management and development of the capability in the Environmental Test Centre as required.
Knowledge and experience of environmental engineering.
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject.
- Membership of relevant professional engineering institution or commitment to achieve relevant registration status.
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry.
- Working knowledge of the Defence Standard, specifically 00-35
All applicants must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
To apply for the role please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.