|Location: Essex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Test Technician needed for one of the UK's largest and most successful Defence companies based in Essex. They are looking to employ a Test Technician with a formal apprenticeship or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering and the desire to become proficient in Environmental testing.
What the role entails:
The successful candidate will work within the team at the Environmental Test Centre and some of the main duties of the Test Technician will include:
- Delivering complex testing of high value assets to assess their performance within the demanding operational environments that the systems will be subjected to throughout their operational life.
- To achieve this, you will develop the understanding as to how to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime.
- Support the set-up and conduct of trials under the supervision of the suitably qualified environmental engineers in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities.
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
- Undertake interdepartmental movements of test items.
- Undertake duties assigned by the team leader & environmental trials engineers.
- Undertake duties within all environmental departments, dependant on departmental workload
What you need to be the successful Test Technician:
In order to be the successful Test Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Formal Apprenticeship or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant engineering subject.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Active team member
- Committed to achievement
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proactive & self-motivated
- Flexible in delivering additional volumes and working hours.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Test Technician you must be eligible for Security Clearance.