|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £35000 - £39000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Equipment Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Equipment Engineer with experience in specification, design and procurement of instrumentation, control panels (including HMI / PLC), experience in an engineering design or C&I environment, ideally within the Maritime/Defence industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Equipment Engineer will include:
- To provide a professional focus for all aspects of Equipment Engineering across a number of projects for both C&I and Platform Management Systems.
- Review customer requirements and standards applicable to a warship to decompose and derive C&I and control system equipment specifications to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement.
- Assist in C&I/equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
- Produce and maintain technical/equipment specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence.
- Develop C&I electrical and mechanical designs, producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
- Be able to assess and advise C&I and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
- Produce and maintain ownership of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc
- Be capable of CAD drawing C&I equipment and panel designs (preferably AutoCAD), producing general arrangements, assembly, schematic, wiring drawings and supporting documentation.
- Be able to review design of electrical circuits/designs to verify compliance with EMC and Safety standards.
- Produce functional test procedures and support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
- To review and improve the equipment design lifecycle processes under the guidance of the Principal and Section Lead Engineer.
What you need to be the successful Equipment Engineer:
In order to be the successful Equipment Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation, Control Engineering or related discipline.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in an engineering design or C&I environment.
- Good planning, communications, writing, organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Experience in specification, design and procurement of instrumentation, control panels (including HMI / PLC).
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and defence projects.
- Good understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Marine Installations.
- Knowledge of environmental standards and certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations. Familiarity of EMC design principles and requirements for Military / Marine installations (including DEF STAN 59-411) desirable.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) capable. Production of panel general arrangements, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, Instrument and IO schedules, instrument hook-ups, block cable diagrams, P&ID design experience.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Equipment Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for security clearance up to SC level is required for this role*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.