|Location: Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire||Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlotte Basset|
Estimator needed for a leading London developer based in Herts/North London. My client is looking to employ an experienced Estimator with an in-depth knowledge of residential new build projects, and the residential sector.
The successful Estimator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Car or car allowance up to the value of £5000
- Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Estimator will include:
- Carry out an initial review documentation and present an overview of the scheme/brief to other members of the production team.
- Carry out site visits, ton asses site condition.
- When required production of SMM7 bills, for specific trade elements.
- Ability to build up rates from first principals.
- Use current knowledge of current key rates.
- Provide construction cost advise at concept stage and help manage the development of the design by providing construction cost advise to ensure schemes are designed within budget.
What you need to be the successful Estimator:
In order to be the successful applicant and have a chance to join an excellent company you will ideally need to have the following:
- Minimum 5years plus post grad - Working as an Estimator / Senior Estimator with London based contractor or developer
- Estimator with good Construction knowledge.
- New build Residential Construction, preferable not essential
- Excellent communication skills, including liaison between other members of the pre-construction team, internal departments and external consultants.
- Ability to clearly in a concise manner explain/present schemes, outlining risks and abnormalities and presentation of the cost plans
- Estimator who is a strong team player who is highly organised and dedicated to meeting deadlines
- Strong IT skills, including advance knowledge of excel
- Ability to Identify and have a clear understanding of commercial risk items
- Excellent new build construction knowledge including knowledge of standard build sequencing and design details.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as function as part of a wider team
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Estimator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!