|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Facilities Manager - 12 Month FTC
Salary - £60,000 - £65,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you unlimited career progression. My client is looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to lead the site's facilities team: someone who can drive change and improvement, enabling every person to achieve more through the delivery of safe and efficient workplace environments and services, fostering collaboration, inspiration and productivity. This role will be part of the Services Team that supports the Business Units directly by managing Facilities, procurement of supporting services (i.e. sub-contract activities service contracts) and site Health, Safety and Environmental support.
If you share their passion, thrive on big challenges with broad impact and want to join a team taking the businesses and site to a completely new level, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
Some of the main duties of the Facilities Manager will include:
1. Management of the "Hard FM" team and sub-contractors ensuring all facility assets are identified, managed and under configuration control, undertaking the necessary Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance of HV (11kV) and LV networks, HVAC, piping and buildings
2. Management of the Projects delivery team that supports the Chelmsford businesses in delivery of infrastructure upgrades, changes to production/office areas ensuring compliance with statutory regulations (i.e. CDM regulations) and the application of Lifecycle Management techniques to review with key stakeholders
3. Ensure the successful delivery of the facility maintenance budget, identifying future upgrade/investment needs to meet the on-going need of the business
4. Management of "Soft FM" activities within the Facilities team to provide management of sub-contracted services such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, catering, security, waste management
5. Management of the incident response/call-out team to address infrastructure/equipment issues to maintain services for production activities
6. Drive culture, values and behavior consistent with building an "exceptional" team. Ensure the operational safety of the Facilities team and those impacted by their activities
7. Sub-contractor management to ensure all parties operate in a compliant HS&E manner and in line with the Company rules and regulations
8. Ensure that Company complies with all relevant statutory regulations, policies and controls, notably allocated items on the Legal Register such as Electrical Safety, LOLER, Legionella, Gas Safety, PSSR, EA Permitting and Waste (Hazardous and General) etc.
9. Ensure Value for Money from the FM supply chain in close partnership with the Procurement team
In order to be the successful Facilities Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Management of the Maintenance team requires someone with experience running a "Hard FM" team to maintain buildings and plant infrastructure containing HV/LV networks (to 11 kV), pressurised gas systems (including nitrogen and hydrogen), HVAC, building control systems, building fabric and chemical waste management plant - successfully managing skilled draftspersons, team leaders, engineers and project managers
* Management of the Project Engineers responsible for defining scopes of work requires experience of project control and contractor control, experience working to CDM (2015), Fire Regulations and Building Regulations
* Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills with ability to select and manage sub-contractors for installations, buildings work and Soft FM activities such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, catering, waste management
* Ability to define processes that ensure compliance with relevant statutory regulations (needs working knowledge of electrical, PSSR, gas safety, COSHH, fire safety, contractor control, CDM, environmental permits)
* Experience managing £multi-million maintenance budgets (mixed internal/sub-contract environment)
* Degree/HND/HNC in Engineering, Construction/Project Management or relevant experience
* 5-10 years of experience in managing real estate and facilities functions in a process/production facility, e.g. manufacturing/oil/gas/petrochemical processing experience would be appropriate
* Managed a highly vendor leveraged organisation
* Demonstrated ability to rationalise direct versus vendor roles and drive efficient management process to ensure vendor performance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!