|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Facilities Project Manager
Salary - £50,000 to £60,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Facilities Project Manager to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology business based in Essex.
My client is looking for an experienced Facilities Project Manager to lead key projects and manage the Projects Team to deliver changes to the site's complex infrastructure, production and office areas. Projects will range from small-scale office moves to larger production area moves involving HV/LV networks, hazardous/toxic gases, HVAC, Waste Infrastructure and Fire Safety.
You will have overall accountability for the delivery and governance of all projects, liaising with external bodies such as the local Planning Authority. The role will collaborate extensively with the internal Business Unit leads, the Facility Manager, Equipment Managers and Procurement to ensure requirements are captured, reviewed and then delivered within their Performance, Schedule and Cost requirements.
If you share their passion, thrive on big challenges with broad impact and want to join a team taking the businesses and site to a completely new level, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
Some of the main duties of the Facilities Project Manager will include:
- Responsible for delivery of all infrastructure change/development projects on site, leading directly or through the team of lead engineers.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Project Plans for all works, identifying key review and delivery milestones with stakeholders, ensuring adequate resources are available
- Creation of proposals and scopes of work to enable work to be sub-contracted, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and planning requirements, i.e. CDM (2015) Regulations, Building Regulations, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety, Gas Safety, PSSR, EA Permitting and Waste (Hazardous and General) etc.
- Provide initial project feasibility, timescale and budget information for new requests.
- To manage and review the wider impact of the projects on the business, leading on communication with key stakeholders and work streams.
- Selection and assessment of service providers, i.e. architects, consultants, engineers and sub-contractors to ensure Value for Money from the FM supply chain in close partnership with the Procurement team
- Liaison with external bodies on changes to the site infrastructure, i.e. Local Councils, Environment Agency as necessary.
- Financial control of work package budgets, providing weekly progress updates.
- Sub-contractor management to ensure all parties operate in accordance with Health & Safety Procedures, Contractor's Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, ensuring the safety of all persons affected by the works.
- Ensure an authorised change control process is in place and oversee completion of snagging inspections, O&M manuals and sub-contractor performance assessments.
- Maintaining the 5-year plan of future upgrade/investment needs in liaison with the Business Units and Facility Manager
- Performance management and development/training of the Lead Engineers that are responsible for their allocated projects.
In order to be the successful Facilities Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Good understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements
- Good understanding and working knowledge of CAD packages AutoCAD, Creo or Inventor 3D
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Project Management tools and Lifecycle review.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills with ability to select and manage sub-contractors for installations and buildings work
- Experienced in managing project teams made up of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage and develop skilled draftspersons, engineers and project managers
- Good communication skills to exchange information with senior management, service providers, workers and contractors.
- Degree/HND/HNC in Facilities Management, Construction/Project Management or relevant experience
- MCIBSE / MAPM or equivalent verifiable work based experience and training.
- Experience in managing multi-million £ project/construction budgets (mixed internal/sub-contract environment) in plant/manufacturing and office environments containing HV/LV networks (to 11 kV), pressurised gas systems (including nitrogen and hydrogen), HVAC, building control systems, building fabric (inc. legacy asbestos) and chemical waste management plant
- Manufacturing/oil/gas/petrochemical processing experience would be beneficial
- Managing in a highly vendor leveraged organisation
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Project Manager to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!