|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Failure Analysis Engineer required for a globally recognised aerospace company based in Wimborne. The Failure Analysis Engineer will provide a focus for the management of the Failure Reporting and Cause Analysis System (FRACAS) processes on behalf of the company and to coordinate activities to resolve failures reported under this system.
The successful applicant will be required to analyse all failure reports and, in conjunction with relevant staff, to determine the cause of failures and recommend corrective actions.
The role demands an ordered approach and the incumbent will be required to organise and coordinate local meetings to determine and track failures and to prosecute actions necessary to effect improvements in products. The incumbent will also assist his or her manager to develop methods, processes and procedures that will improve failure analysis process and/or reduce failures.
All applicants for this Failure Analysis Engineer position must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC).
Benefits for Failure Analysis Engineer include:
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, child care vouchers, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Cobham Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities.
As a Failure Analysis Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Good understanding of Aerospace engineering and Airworthiness Principles.
- A background in Product support highly desirable eg. Reliability, Supportability.
- An understanding of failure analysis process within an Engineering organisation.
- Good organisational skills - hosting, minute taking in failure review meetings.
- Ability to understand and exploit data from various sources
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- SmarTeam or similar lifecycle management systems would be preferred
As a Failure Analysis Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Administration of the FRACAS processes across all Cobham Mission Systems projects.
- Administration of the FRACAS database for Cobham Mission Systems and production of data to support internal FRACAS review, external data provision and audit review as required.
- Coordinating Root Cause Analysis events and developing techniques to determine root causes of failure.
- Development of policy and resources (including IT) to provide robust FRACAS service to Cobham Mission Systems.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to obtain failure data and investigation reports.
- Coordinating Incident Review Boards for FRACAS initiation, review and closure purposes.
- Attending Design Reviews and Engineering Investigations as required
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE.