|Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland||Salary: Up to €280 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Fiber Optic Network Planner / Analyst
6 Months Contract - Dublin
Fiber Optic Network Planner / Analyst required for a 6 month contract to provide engineering drawing management as a managed service, covering new data center constructions, retrofits, colocation (Colo) builds and Colo retrofits.
As an Fiber Optic Network Planner / Analyst you will also provide service delivery management to establish and document process workflows for accepting inbounds request for management tasks from stakeholders.
Fiber Optic Network Planner / Analyst responsibilities:
- Documents, edits and modify fiber optic network assets using fiber optic network, software by recording fiber optic for inside plant and outside plant operations.
- Inputs data for fiber optic design by researching, analyzing, selecting and applying fiber, optic engineering concepts, approaches and techniques into fiber optic network software.
- Enters fiber optic design plan by reviewing drawings, schematics, diagrams, and evaluating performance of materials into fiber optic network software.
- Evaluates fiber optic design issues by studying project concepts, objectives, priorities and requirements.
- Responsible for gathering, reviewing and interpreting various data sources for comparison and validation of fiber optic network.
- Validates design drawings by identifying, isolating, and resolving performance problems in relation to data entry for fiber optic network software.
- Use of related industry software to include MapInfo, AutoCAD (Preferred), Visio, Google
- Earth/Maps and MS Office software.
- Research and validates building address and coordinates using Google Earth/Maps to insure proper location and create building footprint using fiber optic network software.
- Understanding of databases, queries, spreadsheets and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of Geographic information systems
Fiber Optic Network Planner / Analyst Skills:
Bachelor's degree in related field or engineering or 3 to 5 years of telecommunication industry experience related to either inside or outside plant operations.
Fiber Optic Network Planner / Analyst experience:
- Understanding of fiber optics/telecom
- Knowledge of fiber industry standards
- Documentation of fiber optics
- Analytical interpretation of fiber data
- Understand spec drawings of fiber optics
- Adobe Pro
- BIM 360
- MS Office, Excel, Access, etc.